Friday 3 January 2014

How to do winged eyeliner


Winged eyeliner has been a growing trend for the past few years, paired with a bold lip or simply on its own winged eyeliner creates a striking and exotic look and is my all time favourite eyeliner style, hands down, but it's the application process that can be a tricky skill to master, and that's where bloggers like I come into the picture, sharing tips and tricks for popular makeup trends.
I tend to keep my winged eyeliner subtle but at the same time obvious and that's what I will be showing you in this tutorial but by using the techniques shown you can simply make your wing as subtle or flamboyant as you wish.

Step one:

Line your eyeliner brush up with the inner part of your eye













Close your eye on the eyeliner Brush to apply eyeliner accurately.













Step two:

Draw a line from the existing line on your inner eye out towards your outer corner. You can make the line as round or straight, thick or thin as you like - experiment to see what suits your eyes the best.











Fill in any gaps between the eyeliner line and your lash line.













Step three:

Customise your wing! Make it as long or as short as you like. I typically use the length of my eyeliner brush as my wing length.












Connect the top of your wing to the main line of your eyeliner, filling in any gaps.











Step four:

Apply mascara














And voila! You have now created a winged eye! Now experiment with different wing lengths and thicknesses to find the one that suits you best!


Until next time my lovelys!
Follow me on twitter: @daisyblueblogs



No comments:

Post a Comment